I make Instant Pot Hawaiian Pork Tenderloin almost every time a have a large crowd at my house as one of the dishes for my buffet. It’s easy and you can even use the slow cook program and cook this in just 2 hours. Costco has a two pack of pork tenderloins and I typically put one in the freezer and keep the other in the refrigerator, ready to go. This is a very simple recipe with minimal prep. I choose in the video below to use the Slow Cook programing on my Instant Pot Ultra because it only takes 2 hours to cook this and I did not want shredded pork. I wanted to be able to have sliced pork. Pressure Cooking breaks down the connective tissue in the meat and tends to lead to more shredded style meats. In the non pressure environment of the slow cooker I did not have to worry about ending up with a shredded meat.
- Pork Tenderloins
- 1 to 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz bottle Kona Coast Teriyaki Sauce
- 20 oz can of Pineapple rings
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – to your taste
- 1 sliced onion
- Garlic Salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Rub Garlic Salt on Tenderloins
- Sear all sides of the Tenderloins
- Add Broth, Teriyaki Sauce, minced garlic, then meat. Add can of Pineapple rings with juice, Brown Sugar, Crushed Red Pepper and Onion
Set programing to “Slow Cook” Time = 2 hours, Keep Warm = ON. Put the lid on.
Set programing to “Meat” Time = 15 min, Keep Warm = ON. Natural Pressure Release 20 mins.