Instant Pot Dr Pepper Ribs, Holy Cow how good!
Fall off the bone tender. Serve with Garlic bread and mashed potatoes.
You will need a slab and a half of Baby Back Ribs, Seasoning rub, 2.5 cups of Dr Pepper, one large yellow onion, two teaspoon minced garlic.
For the Garlic Bread Walmart sells a giant french loaf for a buck or you can use any french or sourdough bread. Garlic powder, butter and cheese.
Cook a slab and a half as follows:
- Rub the ribs with with your favorite rub. I use McCormick’s Grill Mates Smokey Montreal Steak, but I might change that up next time.
- Let the ribs sit in a ziplock bag in the refrigerator for 30 mins or so.
- While the ribs sit in the refrigerator quarter a large yellow onion.
- Cut the ribs in three – four bone sections.
- Lay them in the pot mixing in the onion andgarlic in the layers.
- Pour in 2.5 cups of Dr Pepper.
- Set your Instant Pot to the Meat/Stew program 25 mins, high pressure – Keep Warm = On.
- While the ribs are cooking, prepare the garlic bread. Cut the loaf in half like a sandwich bun/roll, spread butter and give it a shot of garlic powder. Then put on some corse shredded parmesan cheese.
- After the cooking cycle is complete allow a 10 min Natural Pressure Release, followed by Quick Release.
- Transfer the ribs to a half sheet pan, distributed the onions equally on the ribs and then brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Put the ribs under the broiler for approximately 5 mins, don’t let the BBQ sauce burn.
- Heat the garlic bread on the bottom rack.
- After the ribs come out of the broiler move the garlic bread up under the broiler for maybe 2 minutes to toast the top.
The meal including potatoes, bread, seasonings, onion, garlic, meat and Dr Pepper was under $20.00